Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Thoughts from Rome

Hello all!

Its been a while since my last post and a lot has happened! First I got my degree. I can now say I am a graduate from The Ohio State University AND that I am an official Mechanical Engineer. I'm so excited for graduate school next year. It feels good to close this chapter of my life and move on to a new one.

Next, I'm in Rome! I've spent the past few weeks traveling in the UK on a study abroad trip. I'm now on my ten day journey home which includes Rome, Paris, and Iceland! The experiences of this trip have been incredible. As my first time abroad, I have to admit I was a bit overwhelmed, but quickly settled in and I am loving it. I've seen astounding things, eaten spectacular food, and met some unforgettable people. London was beyond impressive and I can not wait to go back.

Third, it's almost my birthday! I'm going to be 23....I feel old. But I get to spend it in Rome, which should be plenty fun. Although, along with my birthday comes the fact that my next ankle reconstruction surgery is only a few days away. Soon I'm going to be in that cast, on one leg for like three months. While I'm not ready for that, I am ready for the pain to stop. It's astonishing how good my post surgery foot is now. I can walk for miles and it doesn't hurt. I can balance so well on it. I'm really hoping this next surgery does well to help my feel better pain wise, and more confident in my appearance in the way that I walk.

Although with as much crap as we, as people, tend to give each other for being self centered or inconsiderate, I have been impressed with people lately. I've met a lot of new people and my CMT has come up. The reactions have been fantastic. One guy was so considerate, he continually asked if we needed to slow the pace, or take a break or something similar. What's more impressive? He didn't even sound condescending when he did it. It was almost like he actually, ya know, cared. It was good.

Anyway, I'll update you all soon about new happenings, my surgery, et cetera. As always, thanks for reading. It means the world to me.

Joey

No comments:

Post a Comment