Friday, January 9, 2015

Honesty

Hello everyone!

I hope your new year is starting off well. I'm sitting here in the lounge car of my Amtrak train, I have about four hours remaining so I'll give you all a little bit of insight into my life at the moment.Things are going well, considering all aspects of my life. My toes have healed well from my most recent surgery and with a sock on, my foot can almost pass as *gasp* normal. Mind you, this is only my left foot, my right foot still has it's trademark CMT shape. It's a work in progress...as is the rest of my life.

Other things in my life are going well too. Without going into too much detail with random strangers over the internet, I'll just say that, for the first time, I've been honest with friends and family about a very personal aspect of my life. Man, does it feel like a weight lifted off my shoulders! It's now clear to me that secrets really eat away at you when you try to hide them from the world. Keep in mind, I don't think you should advertise everything in your life to the entire world, but make sure your family and close friends know you well so they can support you when you need help. I always need support in my life, more often than I admit. My friends and family have amazed me with their love and support the past few weeks, and I must say, I am a lucky guy.

I will probably say this in every post, but I think it's important. I want to remind everyone that this blog is not about CMT, it is about me in general. Considering I spend most of my life NOT thinking about CMT, I will not focus this entire blog on CMT. I feel like I am much more than the disease I have, and if you have CMT, you must remember that as well!

Also, as some of you may know, I am an engineering student and "spring" semester begins on Monday. I will try to make sure I keep everyone in the loop, but I apologize in advance if my posts become slightly less frequent.

That's all I have for now. Please subscribe! Please comment! I'm letting you all get to know me, so I want to get to know you as well! Ask me questions and I am more than happy to respond!

See you on the flip side :)

Joey

Lastly, I'll share with you a selfie of me on the inner harbor in Baltimore, Maryland. See, I am a real person! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hello im in the uk, new to cmt my son aged 10 has just found out he has CMT 1a. I dont have it, im intrested to follow your blog. Glad you feel better about talking to your family. Its good to talk.
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cute! Any one would be lucky to have you cmt included! I love what you a=said about not hiding. In a clip from Bernadettes movie they talk about that, Seeing that clip was my inspiration for going global about my cmt. It is a release of negative energy. It has also allowed mr the incredible support system with CMTA and facebook CMTUS. Good luck to you on your studies. Maybe you can design something for CMTers!

    ReplyDelete