Sunday, March 8, 2015

Evening thoughts

Hi Everyone!

Sorry that it has been so long since my last post; engineering school has been quite demanding recently and most of my energy has been devoted to trying to keep myself from going completely insane.

My life these past few months has been a whirlwind. I got accepted to a study abroad program, I just bought a car, I'm tentatively looking to have surgery this June... It's been wild. Not only that, but I feel like I've been on an emotional roller coaster. CMT has played a huge part, but so has dating. Maybe my stress about those two things is completely related. Anyway, tonight's post is not about that, but rather, it's a positive post.

I've just been so impressed by the people in my life recently, and I want to share my happiness. Let's face it, the real world sucks sometimes. Every freaking thing is a competition; at school, at work, if you're not ahead, you're behind. But with friends and family it's completely different. I feel like I've pared down my friends and I've only kept the good ones. The ones you can depend on. There's nothing more comforting than knowing people have your back.

If CMT has taught me anything in this life, it's how to be myself. I got really sick and tired of trying to be someone I'm not, to try to fit some mold so people would like me. Screw that. There are people in the world who love every annoying, loud-mouthed, short tempered, funky footed aspect of me, so why waste time on anyone else?

My feet are strange, annoying, weak, unstable, painful, and half-metallic, but guess what?

I don't care.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joey! Love you so much, and always have. Life throws so much at each of us and it's important to learn how to duck whenever possible. You can count on comedians like Fluffy in Saudi, Dunham and his puppets, and Russel Peters to give some good belly laughs and keep you smiling. I told you a few years ago that the nerds end up with the money and the girls, remember? Just keep your feet on the ground and you'll be fine. I'm so proud of you. Love

    ReplyDelete