Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Validation

I don't have too much time this week for a new post, but some things are just too good to pass up. This post will be short, but sweet (I think). You people, yes you who are currently reading this, should feel special; I am being very open here.

A few posts back, I wrote about dating with CMT. Well, long story short, Joey is still on the market, but this time I have been pleasantly surprised by a person I met. There is a reasonably good chance that this person might be reading this, so if you are: yes this is about you, sorry :). Anyway, before I ever go on a date with someone, we exchange phone numbers, social media usernames, etc, and we both "creep" on each others profiles to determine if the other person is an axe murderer, or if they are worth a night out. So on my most recent date, dinner went well, and I was invited back to the other person's house to watch a movie. I will spare you the details (don't worry, it was all PG), but eventually we got around to some more small talk. Since I'm only a college student, my date asked me about my high school life, specifically about whether or not I participated in any sports. Here is where it gets interesting. I explained to my date that while I did marching band, I stayed away from most sports because I have "interesting feet." To my bewilderment, they said "I know."

Wait, what? You know? Are you like stalking me? I'm reasonably private about my CMT (unless you ask), so I was slightly...err very...confused.

They explained "I saw you had a blog on Facebook. I read your posts and looked up what CMT was. I didn't notice anything at dinner, and I still haven't noticed anything. Even if I had noticed, I couldn't care less if you have 'interesting feet.'"

Ho. Lee. Crap. I was speechless (which is incredibly rare, haha). If there is ever a source of anxiety in my life, especially on a date, it is CMT. How do I bring it up when I know they want to ask? And how to I not make it a big deal at the same time? I can honestly say I have never felt like I did when my date told me they looked up CMT. I don't know how best to describe it, but it is most certainly very, very good. Maybe I am completely over thinking this, but it is crazy to see that someone took enough of an interest in me (before we even met) to read my entire blog. I'm still kind of in shock about the whole thing.

For me, this experience provides two things:

1. Validation that there are good people are out there, and it is truly amazing when you find one.

2. Validation that being honest and open is always the best policy, and if nothing else, weeds out the worthless people.

To those of you reading who don't have CMT, this whole thing might not seem like a big deal, but I assure you, it is. It is a HUGE deal.

Alright, that is all for now. I'm not sure what my agenda was for this post, but I definitely needed to share. As always, thanks for reading :).

2 comments:

  1. And at the other end of the spectrum my daughters in laws to be asked her to get the testing done before she married their son. If you find a good one let your guard down and be yourself because that is who they have to like anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband did the exact same thing before our first date, and it made such an impression on me. Awesome experience!

    ReplyDelete