Thursday, February 19, 2015

My love/hate relationship with snow

Hi friends,

So I am sitting here inside while the polar vortex descends all around me. Columbus, Ohio is slowing finishing its transformation to Antarctica. Anyway, I thought this might be a good time for me to rant about how much a hate the snow, but love it at the same time.

First of all, nobody can reject the plain and simple fact that fresh snow is amazingly beautiful. Engineering side note: snow is super fluffy and therefore absorbs sound really well, so it makes snowy nights super quiet and peaceful. I love that.

Okay now on to the rant. Snow (second to sand) is like THE most irritating substance to try to walk on. My freaking feet are unstable enough on solid ground, let alone the solid/liquid (soquid? haha) death that is snow. It literally wears me out. Most days, my feet are fine until the walk back to my car when they start to get tired and begin to hurt. On snowy days, however, I can't even make it out of the parking lot in the morning before I am ready to just call it a day and go home. I guess the question I need to be asking is whether or not it's socially acceptable to wear snow shoes whilst walking to classes on campus. Probably not. :(

Anyway, I hope all of you are staying warm, wherever you may be. Until next time....

Joey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment