Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Positivity

Time for my second post! I was really impressed and surprised but the amount of views my first post received. You guys are great. I'm going to keep posing about weekly (or whenever something happens that I would like to share), so please subscribe by clicking one of the RSS links or entering your email address on the right. Also, share my posts on Facebook, tweet it, or mention them on your own blog. Whatever you cool kids are up to nowadays.

So in this post, I'll talk a little bit less about CMT and a bit more about myself so those of you who aren't my family and friends, can get to know me. Plus, we live our lives with CMT, I think we deserve a break once in a while. I'll start out by saying that I would describe myself as a "cautiously positive person" when it comes to my outlook on life. I say cautious because I know there are things in life, and I have experienced my own fair share of situations, that flat out suck. For instance, CMT has kept me from participating in many physical activities throughout my life. Even for those of you who don't have CMT, I think everyone reading this can think of something about themselves that has kept them from doing what they wanted at some point in their lives. However, (this is the most important part right here) I do firmly believe that some of these negative aspects of our lives often impact us for the better. For example, with me, I think that having CMT had caused me to be a more sensitive person. I think my ability to put myself in another person's shoes is really aided by the fact that I have had some pretty terrible hardships in my life (Not to make myself sound high and mighty). But when I see someone really going through a tough time it truly does impact me, I physically feel for that person. Maybe that is how everyone is, and maybe I'm not special, but that is one thing I really like about myself. I honestly believe that having CMT, a chronic illness without a cure (for now), has shaped me to be this way. And I love it.

I'm hopeful that my rantings above made at least some sense, I'm certainly not the best writer but I'll just say what I think and hope you like reading it. Comment below!!! Also, feel free to ask me any questions!

PS: I'll post pictures from time to time if I am writing the post in a particularly fun place. For instance, tonight I am sitting on the beach at Lake Erie and it truly is a perfect evening.


Now off to do homework.

-Joey

No comments:

Post a Comment